Stage Door Designs
Copyright Usage: The rights granted to Client are for the usage of the Final Design in its original form only. Client may not modify the Final Design. If client modifies site design or code, this agreement is null and void. Duration of use is limited to the time in which Stage Door Designs is hosting the site and your account is paid in full and in good standing. All other rights to be negotiated separately.
Duration of Use: Limited to the time in which Stage Door Designs is hosting the site and your account is paid in full and in good standing. All other rights to be negotiated separately. Sites may not be transferred to non-Stage Door Designs hosting unless otherwise agreed in writing.
Fees and Payments: Outlined in your quote, estimate and invoice including:
- Build fees for construction and design of the site and are payable in two installments unless otherwise agreed.
- Domain Purchase and Renewal for securing and holding or renewing your domain name(s)
- Monthly Hosting fees which can be paid in monthly auto-bill installments or several months at a time (6+) at a discounted rate.
- 50% deposit to commence work, set up folders
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Domain Names may be purchased by you or by Stage Door Designs. Should you wish to buy and maintain your own domain, you will be asked to provide access so as to code server IP address info. You may set this IP address yourself if you prefer. Domains are available for purchase through www.stagedoordomains.com or you may elect to have us purchase and hold your domain in our account (additional charges may apply). If we do not hold your domain that may be an additional fee to troubleshoot issues related to domain settings.
- Content Sharing and Delivery: Upon agreement to work together, Stage Door Designs will set up a dropbox for sharing media and other content. Client must maintain copies of your media in your own source files as we may alter and change the media for use on the site. If client elects to use another method for transferring files and media, additional charges may apply.
- Client agrees to complete a questionnaire that will provide info on their desires for the site.
- Once questionnaire is complete, Stage Door Designs will schedule a call to review materials and set timeline for build.
- Client will be provided with a proof link to review the site during the build process.
- Once the site is complete, it will be set live (with client approval). Client then has 10 business days to review for minor changes and corrections. At that time the site will be locked and future changes may incur cost. Proof links may require renewal every 30 days. Please contact us if you need an updated link.
- Media and Content Terms: Clients must provide all media content in the format requested by the provider in the following list. Conversion charges may apply to certain formats. If additional work is required to edit, improve or change the quality of media in any way, there may be an additional charge.
- Right to Use – Client warrants that they have the right to use all content and holds Stage Door Designs harmless for any issues related to copyright. If Stage Door Designs is notified of a copyright issue, we reserve the right to remove the media from the site.
- Photographs should be provided in hi-res JPG format (preferrably over 1mg)). Conversion from other formats may incur an additional charge. Editing or special cropping may incur an additional charge. Photographs should be named in such a way that order in gallery can be easily determined.(ex: susie1, susie2, etc)
- Video must be provided in YouTube or VIMEO format and will be used as provided. Video editing of any type will incur additional charges.
- Audio must be provided in mp3 format. Conversion charges may apply for other formats.
- Photo Captions if included in your package must be provided in writing and be keyed to the image numbers to which they belong. Spelling, grammar and punctuation is the responsibility of the client.
- Copy or other text should be provided in one shared word document. Spelling, grammar and punctuation is the responsibility of the client.
- Other files may be provided in connection with the build. If they are other than the aforementioned types, please consult with us about delivery and format. Other fees may apply.
- Search Engine Optimization - all sites come with basic SEO. This means that we will ask for you to provide a 255 character description and 255 characters of keywords to tag to your site.
- Non Searchable sites / pages - If you prefer, your site can be set as non-searchable. If this is your desire, please communicate it to us prior to going live.
- Advanced SEO is available at additional cost. Please inquire for an estimate.
- The nature of search will cause photos, images and files to appear in a browser search. This is the case for Google and other search engines. Stage Door Designs is not responsible for removing items from search.
- Newsletter List - all clients will be added to our newsletter list. If you prefer to be excluded from this list, please opt out using the mechanism provided on a newsletter received by you.
- Account Termination – you may elect at any time to terminate your site. Before termination, all outstanding invoices must be paid in full. Stage Door Designs will not keep media in archive unless you request same in writing and pay an annual site hold fee. This fee does not include renewal of any domain names held by us. Accounts on hold can be reinstated at any time.
- Transfer and Delivery of Media files to a client at any time may incur an additional fee, which will be quoted at the time of transfer based on the scope of work and time involved.
- Reservation of Rights: the designer retains all rights not expressly granted above. Any use other than that must be pre-arranged in writing and may require a separate contract and/or fee. Once the site is live, client will be given the option for back-end access. At this time clients may revise the content of the site.
- Revisions: only the Designer may make Revisions at the Preliminary Design phase. Additional fees will be charged for revisions made after three preliminary design revisions, and for additions to project scope.
- Payment Schedule: 50% of initial estimate upon project commencement, remaining upon project completion. Additional deposits may be required if nature or scope of project changes. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Check or Electronic Bank Draft. Monthly hosting is auto-billed and client must complete an authorization for same. Returned checks are subject to a $50 return check fee.
- Payment Terms: Payment due net 15 days from issuance of invoice. A one and one half (1.5%) monthly service charge will be billed against late payments. Grant of copyright is conditioned upon receipt of final payment, and upon Client's compliance with the terms of this agreement.
- Estimates and quotes: include basic design or pre-designed work unless specified. Additional graphic design work may incur fees. For custom work, a maximum of three ideas are included in the price. Additional concepts are subject to an hourly rate of $150.
- Cancellation Fees: In the event of Cancellation during the design phase, designer will be compensated for services performed through the date of cancelation in the amount of a prorated portion of the fees due. Upon cancellation all rights to the website revert to the Designer and all original art must be returned, including sketches, comps, or other preliminary materials.
- Credits and Promotion: A credit line suitable to the design of the pages will be used. Client agrees to pay an additional fee (to be determined) for failure to include credit line. Designer reserves the right to include screen shots of the completed work in his portfolio in perpetuity.
- Preliminary Works: Designer retains all rights in and to all Preliminary Designs. Client shall return all Preliminary Designs to Designer within thirty (30) days of completion of the project and all rights in and to any Preliminary Designs shall remain the exclusive property of Designer.
- Permissions and Releases: The Client agrees to indemnify and hold the Designer harmless against any and all claims, costs, and expenses, including attorney's fees, due to materials included in the Design at the request of the Client for which no copyright permission or privacy release was requested, or for which uses exceed the uses allowed pursuant to a permission or release.
- Miscellaneous: This Agreement shall be binding upon the parties, their heirs, successors, assigns, and personal representatives. This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding of the parties. Its terms can be modified only by a writing signed by both parties, except that the Client may authorize expenses or revisions orally. Any dispute arising out of this agreement will be resolved by negotiation between the parties. If they are unable to resolve the dispute, either party may commence mediation and/ or binding arbitration through the American Arbitration Association. A waiver of a breach of any of the provisions of this Agreement shall not be construed as a continuing waiver of other breaches of the same or other provisions. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York and courts of such state shall have exclusive jurisdiction and venue.
- Limits of Liability: client agrees to limit liability to the cost of the contract with Stage Door Designs.
- Other Services can be added to your site during or after the build. Additional cost associated with extra services or features will be quoted or estimated and billed when ordered.
- Website Hosting, Maintenance & Updates: Monthly hosting packages without commerce features begin at $21.95/month if paid monthly. Payment is due no later than the first of each month if auto-billing is selected. Discounts are available to clients who pay a minimum of six months at a time. Updates are billed based on an hourly rate of $150 unless otherwise arranged. Most Stage Door Designs websites have access to the back-end for you to update yourself. If you would like this feature and do not currently have it, please contact us for details.
- Pricing Acceptance - these terms have been updated annually as per our initial agreement. Receipt of your monthly payment for hosting (or annual if that is the program you have) indicates acceptance of these terms.